Montana Range Days – June 21-23 in Dillon
The month of June is definitely the greenest month in Montana, which is one reason why it is known as “RANGELAND Month”!
For Ranchers who are improving their own rangeland…or for 4-H and FFA members who are working on Range Management projects, KGHL Radio reminds you that Montana’s largest Rangeland Education program is MONTANA RANGE DAYS.
Each year hundreds of adults and youth gather for this three-day event….and this year Montana Range Days will be held in Dillon, at the Beaverhead Country Fairgrounds.
Montana Range Days start on Monday afternoon June 21st and runs through Wednesday June 23rd.
You can see the whole schedule of events and Range Tours at Montana Range Days dot Org
Southwest Montana is mighty pretty this time of year, and the two Range Days TOURS will be well-worth your time:
Tuesday June 22 – Full Day Tour
– the morning tour will visit the Fleecer Wildlife Management Area – to see Cheatgrass treatment and control, fertilizing perennial species to improve competition, and wildlife management.
– they will travel to Wise River’s Scenic Byway
– the Lunch Stop at Crystal Park, includes a talk by Erik Torgerson and Licette Hammer
– in the afternoon they travel to Badger Pass, to see Fire history of the area’s 1990s fire, and early 2000s prescribed burn, and 2020 wildfire.
Wednesday, June 23 – Half Day Tour
– Hagenbarth Livestock
– Tour grazing sites
– prickly pear reduction projects
– forage kochia seedling project, and other topics.
Register for Montana Range Days at www.MontanaRangeDays.org
Or call the Beaverhead County Conservation District at 406-683-3802 for more information.